For My Dad

My Dad

There will always be a special place in my life for my dad...
He has taught me to stand up for what I believe in and I have seen 
him go out of his way many times to help others.
He has given me roots and wings so I can fly.
He has taught me to reach for the stars and follow my dreams.
I honestly have the best dad in the whole world, 
and Today is his birthday! 
Happy Birthday Dad!


All my life my dad has done everything he could to be at every dance review, every piano recital, all of the games I cheered at, all my competitions. 
Hours and hours and hours of his time has been spent sitting at dance reviews so he could watch me and my sisters for a little two minute dance, never did I hear him complain. 
My dad's job makes it so he is gone quite a bit, so I have learned to love the times that he is home. Now that I no longer live at home, family time has become even more important to me. 

I have so many wonderful memories of my dad.
 Letting all of my sisters and I ride on his back as he crawled around the basement floor with us. Going boating all summer long. 
Putting hair clips in his hair while he "pretended to sleep". 
The AMAZING vacations he has taken us on. Building GIANT snow piles in the yard for us to sled down.And there are many, many more. 

I know I was definitely NOT a perfect child, I caused a lot of grief and havoc for my parents. But no matter what I did, 
I knew that I was always loved.

I am so very grateful for my father.
 He is dependable, loving, kind.
 He laughs, he jokes, he teases. 
He puts me in my place, and keeps me level headed. 
He loves my mom and treats her with amazing respect.
I only hope that one day I will find a man as great as he is.
I couldn't ask for a better father.

Love you dad! Happy Birthday!

love always,  #3


P.S. Merry Christmas everybody! I hope your day was as great as mine!



Comments

Popular Posts