Blessed




I LOVE the Holiday Season! 
During Halloween I kept saying how much I loved Halloween & how it's such a great holiday, and now that it's over I have realized that it isn't just Halloween that I love, but really all holidays! 
Thanksgiving has never been a big deal at my house, 
(my parents even left me home last year sad huh? jk parents I promise I'm not mad about it still) 
 but after being scolded ;) for wanting Christmas to come  and listening to Christmas music (oh no! I am just like my mother! help!!) I decided I needed to put more of an emphasis on Thanksgiving. 


My roommates and I even started decorating my apartment for Thanksgiving. :)
Yes those are weeds we found in the side of the road in a vase, don't judge us we are poor. 
















I read this quote and thought that I have so much to be grateful for. I will definitely try harder to be thankful all year, not just during the holiday season.

'The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than those who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."
- H.U. Westermayer

This Season of Thanksgiving I am thankful for my blessings. 
I really am a very lucky girl. I have been SO BLESSED in my life!
 I have an amazing family and wonderful friends. I look back at my short life and I honestly feel a bit like an idiot! 
I realize that the hardest times in my life have been the greatest blessings, of course at the time I didn't see the blessing.
 Where on earth would I be without the blessings that have been given to me? Some things haven't happened the way I would have liked them to, but I'm not in charge, and of course everything has worked out for the best! 


Jeffrey R. Holland pretty much sums it all up right here...



Give Thanks. We have been soo blessed!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts