Fear is Natural, Fear is Good

It's okay to be afraid. Just don't let fear stop you.

A lot has happened in the last month. My last blog post was about turning 23 and my feelings about that. So far 23 has been the most exciting and terrifying year yet, and it hasn't even been a full month!

I am going to give you a play by play of what life has been like for me since my birthday.

Sunday the 8th: Pack up ALL of my stuff
9th: work ALL day and move my stuff out that night. Start living out of a suitcase. meh.
10th: Last college final that I didn't study for because well I didn't have time and I didn't want to. Then lunch with Karlee. Plus work.
11th: Work all day and move what little stuff I have home.
12th-19th: Go to Hawaii with my best friend.... more about that amazing trip in my next post.
20th: Move half of my crap to my new apartment in Salt Lake and go to a friend's wedding
21st: Family Christmas Party
22nd: Church and another Family Christmas Party
23rd: Shopping. Seriously this lasted all day I was exhausted by the end of it!
24th-25th Christmas fun stuff and my AMAZING father's birthday!
K so we gave my parents DVDs of all of our home videos for Christmas. great stuff. 
I died laughing at them all.
26th: Tried painting my dresser, massive fail and I got to watch one of my very best friends play in the USU Poinsettia Bowl game on ESPN. very cool.
27th-29th: Moved the rest of my crap down to SLC, went to another wedding and spent the next 2 days unpacking and organizing my crap in my new home! Plus I visited some friends and my second family!
29th: Drove back to Tremonton, did a bunch of stuff for a few days and drove back down to Salt Lake on the 31st. Thats when my best friend came down from rigby to spend her last few days in Utah with me!
AND I finally stopped living out of a suitcase this day. YAY!

My best friend just moved to Washington DC and I don't know what on earth I am going to do without her everyday!!! (maybe get a boyfriend, but that isn't likely haha) I have already started planning my vacation to go visit!

So today was my first official day together with all of my new roommates. They are great. I already love them. AND it is my roommate Kylee's 22nd BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Ky!!
Thanks for moving to Salt Lake with me!

We went to our new ward day. That was an experience haha. First off, super super friendly ward! Everyone came up to us and introduced themselves and we felt very welcome. Second, we are probably the youngest girls in our ward. We only know this because all the girls kept saying they are like 27. Third, we walked into Relief Society and written on the board were the words: "Why do you think you are still single?". Then everyone preceded by saying that when they were 22-23 (the age of me and my roommates) they weren't mature enough to get married and they hadn't figured out who they were yet and what they wanted out of life..... give me a break. Psh. I am totally mature enough haha. At least I think I am haha! Fourth, decent selection of men. We will have to see though. I will get back to you all on my thoughts about the guys once I get to know them. Fifth, we are those girls. Ya know the young girls that laugh at everything and accidentally make a scene and seem like the annoying girls in the ward. Yep, that is us. Probably because we are soooo young and immature. I prefer fun and spontaneous though.
Get at us boys.

Onto the real reason for the post.....

Tomorrow is Monday January 6, 2014.

Do you know what this means??
I step into the real world tomorrow ladies and gentlemen.
That is right, I start working. A real job. Salary and benefits real.
Aerotek doesn't know what is about to hit them.

Well actually I have to get over my nerves first and stop freaking out.
Butterflies and jittery hands and I can't stop cleaning our new and very clean kitchen.
I've organized my already organized bedroom a dozen times. It is perfectly clean. I keep walking around and trying to fix stuff because I can't sit still. I have a friend who works at Aerotek and I keep texting him and asking him all these questions. I'm sure it is annoying, I would be annoyed. Sorry Marcus.

I have been looking forward to this day since October.
I've known it was coming for months.
Am I ready?
I have had all this time to prepare and all I have done is play.
If I could go back I wouldn't change it though.
These last few months have been some of the funnest in my life.
Ya know the motto Work hard play hard?
Well for me it has been Play hard because one day you are gonna work hard and who knows when you are gonna be able to play like that again. Probably never.
Good motto every college kid should live by.

So my family knows I am kind of freaking out tonight and they have been sending me words of advice.
I thought I would share some of it:

Bailey: Fake it till you make it.
Amanda: Don't dress slutty, especially on your first day. You don't want a reputation this early on.
Joe: Make lots of money.
Chris: First impressions are what people make 80% of their judgements on so knock em dead with a smile and good attitude (made up statistic I am pretty sure). Be careful though, if you are too happy and smiley they will fire you for being on drugs. Also, don't kill anyone for a better spot in the company. The consequences are hard to deal with later in life.
Danielle: Don't take Chris' advice to heart haha
Amanda again: Wait until you are in a position to move up in the company, then throw Christopher's advice out the window.

HAHA! I have the best family ever!

I think I am ready. I am excited. Scared, but that is natural. I'm doing something I have never done before.
Fear is natural, Fear is good.

I had the quote on my sidebar for a while and it said:

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Well I am ignoring my fears today. Ya know what? That feels pretty good.

"Fear is not your enemy. It is a compass pointing you to the areas where you need to grow."
-Steve Pavlina

Here's to growing up and facing your fears!

love, ash


PS get ready for my next post about my runaway trip to Hawaii!










Comments

Popular Posts