Give Thanks

"We often take for granted the very things
 that most deserve our gratitude."
-Cynthia Ozick 

I love reading the blog posts of the things you wonderful people are grateful for, so of course I thought it would be fitting to write my own. I planned on writing this earlier, but my month has been crazy and the day even crazier. Normally we go to my grandparent's house in Montana for Thanksgiving, but since my parents just redid their kitchen my mom really wanted to have dinner here so she could use all of her fancy new appliances. Then my mom broke her ankle and her daughters got to use her fancy new stuff instead since she can't really be running around the kitchen making all the food. So I started cooking at 8 this morning and with some help from my dad, I call him Emeril in the kitchen, I made the turkey, stuffing, and a pecan pie. Needless to say it turned out wonderful and I may or may not have patted myself on the back! Who knew cooking a turkey was so fun?! Seriously I can't wait until I have my own house and can cook for all of my family. 

I love Thanksgiving and the fun traditions my family has. Over the break we always go to a movie as a family. Last night we saw Catching Fire and it was awesome. I loved it! Everyone, GO SEE IT! After dinner we always shoot guns and it makes me want to buy one sooo badly. Then we go through the ads and get a gameplan for Black Friday shopping. Black Friday is a holiday all of its own. If you haven't experienced a black friday, I highly suggest you do. Such a rush haha! 

This year I have a lot to be grateful for. 
I have been so blessed and I know I often take 
for granted the things I am most grateful 
for. I have compiled a list of some of the 
things I am most grateful for. 
And they are....

My Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement
Jesus Christ “came into the world … to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness; that through him all might be saved” (D&C 76:41–42). The great sacrifice He made to pay for our sins and overcome death is called the Atonement. It is the most important event that has ever occurred in the history of mankind: “For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; … yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement” (Alma 34:9).


My Family
They are my greatest treasure. If I could put into words the love I have for my family I would. Instead I will give you a peek at 
some of our family photos we had taken recently. 
A picture is worth 1000 words right?

 My Dad
He does so much for my family and is the perfect example of the kind of husband and father I want for my future family. He is so kind and patient, and loves my mom so much. I learn something from him everyday and I couldn't ask for a better father. 

 My Mom
She is my biggest fan and does more for me than anyone else. She is the busiest person I know but I can always count on her when I need a listening ear or help with a problem. She jumps at the opportunity to serve others, especially her family. 

 My Sisters
A sister is your best friend, and I have 4 of them. We are all so close and I am so lucky to have the relationships with them that I do. We all argue and annoy each other like all siblings do, but at the end of the day we love each other and would do anything for each other. 

The Brother-in-Laws
Christopher is the big brother that I have always wanted. He is more than a brother-in-law, and I am so grateful for his example. He is the brother that calls just to check up on you, comes to Logan and takes you to lunch, teases and tackles you and throws you in the pool at the hotel before you have even checked in... and I love him so much. Joe has brought a new dynamic to our family and I love his energy. He will do anything for anyone. He is such a hard worker and is always willing to help me out. I know I give him a hard time, but I am so happy he is in my family now!

My Niece and Nephews
Children bring a joy to a home unlike any other. I would do anything for these kids. They have opened my heart in a way I didn't know was possible. 

Riggin
I don't talk about my nephew Riggin very much, but what an amazing blessing he has been to my family. He was born in the arms of God and I know that Ty, Chrissa, and Wayce will always have a special guardian angel watching over them. I cannot wait until the day I get to see this baby boy again.

Temples
"The temple is concerned with things of immortality. It is a bridge between this life and the next. All of the ordinances that take place in the house of the Lord are expressions of our belief in the immortality of the human soul."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

What an amazing place. I love going to the temple. It brings peace to my soul. I cannot wait until the day I can go inside and be sealed to my best friend for all eternity.

Kylee
This picture is so embarrassing but it honestly sums up our relationship perfectly. Our Heavenly Father truly knows what we need. I needed Kylee in my life and he put her in my life at the most perfect time. This girl has been the best friend that I have needed this semester. We have so much fun together. We are always laughing and she seriously brings out my weird side like no one else. I know that she is a friend I will have the rest of my life.
Thank you Kylee for being my friend.

My Friends














My friends are family to me. I love them like family. I'm sorry you all don't have an individual post, or individual pictures, and if you aren't in one of these pictures its not because I don't love you. I probably just didn't have a picture of us. But I truly love my friends sooo much. Even if we aren't super close, you mean the world to me. Friends help shape who you are, especially when you don't live at home and see your family every day. I am truly so sad to be leaving my friends in Logan next month. It breaks my heart when I think that some of my friends I may never see again. Thank you to all of my friends. You make my life better and happier.

My Freedom

My Health
I have always had good health and have always tried to take good care of my body. I know I take it for granted all the time, but I am so blessed to not have any health issues and to have a body that does exactly what it is supposed to.

now for a list without pictures...

My Patriarchal Blessing
I read it at least once a week and I have seen it help guide my life even in the short time I have had it. 

Razors
I dislike hair. Random I know. But I am sooo happy that I don't have to be a cave woman. gross...

Holidays
Oh man, I love any reason to celebrate and gather with family and friends.

Music
Music touches my soul in ways that words can't. It can lift my mood in an instant, remind me of happy moments, and help me release built up emotion. 

My job, and Future Job
I love teaching. My little students try my patience and bring a smile to my face every day. I will miss them so much. I am also grateful for my new job I will start in a month. I honestly didn't think I would be offered a job, but as scared as I am, it will be challenging and exciting and push me to new limits. 

Blankets and Fireplaces and Good Books
I love these individually and as a combination. Find me with these 3 things on a stormy day and I guarantee I will be happier than a clam.

There are many other things I am thankful for... but this post is pushing my length limits for a holiday haha!

I hope everyone has had as great of a Thanksgiving as I have had. I also hope we can all take a minute and reflect on our blessings, because we truly are blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving!

love, ash






Comments

  1. You are amazing and I am so grateful for you Ash! You are one of the best things that ever happened to me. You are an great example and someone I will always look up to (even though I really look down;). I love all of our memories and I am at work crying right now and I need to stop, so stop being so wonderful! (but don't actually because I love your wonderfulness, and I love you more then you will ever come to realize!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts