It is Better to Look Up

Welcome to my very first blog!

I want to start off by saying…

Oh My Heck

I have no idea what I am doing!  Haha!

 Don’t worry blog world, I will learn eventually and maybe one day, maybe, I will have a super cute blog like all of the rest of you.

I decided to start this blog mostly for myself. I will probably post many things that no one cares about except for me, but that’s ok because it’s my blog J. I have no idea how often I will blog or what I will blog about. It will most likely be very random because that’s kinda how I roll. I need to vent somewhere and instead of torturing my friends and roommates any more than I already do, I will write upon this blog the things of my heart. I have been blog stalking (which is totally fine to do! A good friend once told me, “It’s not creepy if someone puts it on the internet for all to see”) to get ideas on what to write about and how to do the layouts and design and all that jazz, and am clueless. Sooo, I’m totally up for anyone’s suggestions!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and have come to this conclusion:

LIFE IS HARD!

This past week has been extremely difficult for me, but such an amazing learning experience too. I was talking to my mom yesterday about trials in life and she said, “ash, remember that talk by Elder Oaks? The Good, Better, Best one? Well sometimes in life we are given some really good things that we have to let go of so we can have better things”.

Well heck! Letting go of something that is really good is very hard! Especially when you have no idea what the ‘better’ thing is! Giving up my ‘good’ thing for who knows what is a trial to me.

BUT… I know that God will give no trial that we cannot handle.

 "We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families."
 -Elder Dallin H Oaks

As I sat listening to conference this afternoon I was feeling like a bum loser  trying to be optimistic about things when Elder Cook starting talking about ‘Looking up’. Goodness it’s amazing how you can feel like some talks are meant especially for you.

Elder Cook quoted a scripture that said, “Believe in God. Believe that He is. Believe that He has all wisdom and all power in both Heaven and on Earth”. Our Father in Heaven loves us. He has a plan for us. He will not leave us alone. Doesn’t that make you 


SO HAPPY??


 Elder Cook also said:

“If we exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened and our lives will be filled with peace and joy.

We must have the Faith to look up and the courage to follow His direction.  

As we remember Christ and trust in His power, we receive strength through His atonement. It is the means whereby we can be relieved of our anxieties, our burdens, and our sufferings. It is the means whereby we can be forgiven and healed from the pain of our sins. It is the means whereby we can receive the strength and faith to endure all things.

We must look up, and step us. And as we do, we will cheer up. For God wants us to be happy."


Happy day! This talked filled me with hope! (For an awesome scripture on hope see Moroni 7:40-48) I hope it has helped lift someone else up to. I hope everyone can look to Christ because...

It is Better to Look Up.



Comments

  1. *Oh my heck*! :D You are off to a great start, Ashley. You've done a great job on your design, title, & first post. And thanks for listing my blog on your sidebar. I'm honored! Thinking of you.

    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts