No More Pink Carpet

Things change and people change and life doesn't stop for anybody. 

         When my parents first finished their basement they let us girls pick out the carpet for our bedrooms. I was a super girly little 4 year old so of course I picked bright pink carpet. Yes, I know my parents rock. I also had flowered wallpaper, pillows, & bedspread. My childhood bedroom was very colorful, and I loved it! When I got into high school my room turned into a shrine for all of my cheer crap. It was then a colorful shrine with red, black, and white uniforms and pom poms and pictures and I'm sure it was super tacky but I honestly didn't care. I loved  it. 

       I went home this weekend to go boating with my family and walked downstairs to my old bedroom to discover that my old bedroom is gone. I knew Katie was moving down there and I knew she had big plans to change it, but for some reason it was still quite a shock to see it. My wallpaper was gone, my bedding was gone, my pictures and cheer stuff was in a box upstairs, and my bright pink carpet was being ripped up. The entire room was bare; ready for new carpet, new paint, new pictures. Change, my room that was no longer mine was changing. 

      That night me and my sisters slept out on the tramp and as I was laying there I started reflecting on all the changes my life has had the last couple months. Some changes have been hard, some fun, some exciting, surprising, and sad. For example, I got contacts Friday! After 6 years of glasses I finally decided I was sick of things not being in focus. I was sick of sitting in sacrament meeting and not being able to see what number the hymn was. Or ALWAYS having to wear glasses in class. I like my glasses but it was time for a change....


Danielle and Chris had their 4th baby! Wayce Darin Hawkes was born on April 9, 2012. He was 6 lbs 4 oz and 18 inches long! He was blessed by his dad on June 3rd. Love him sooo much!On May 5th Amanda graduated from Utah State with a Bachelors in Social Work. She then moved out and got a job down in Ogden at the Division of Child & Family Services. She really likes her job. I hate that we no longer live together. We lived together for 3 years after I graduated high school and I loved it. I don't know what I would have done without her those first couple years of college. I definitely took her for granted. She was my best friend and was always there for me when I needed her, even when I wasn't there for her. She has been an amazing sister and friend.
 Bailey graduated high school on May 30th. She is moving to Logan at the end of summer and I am so excited to have a sister back over here! We aren't living together but she is only 2 blocks away so I can steal her clothes anytime. :) I hope I can be there for Bay the way Amanda was there for me through all my hard times.
Every year without fail comes the end of another dance year. I finished my first year as a dance teacher. Teaching was hard, it was stressful, and it was a lot of work and I loved every second of it. I have missed my girls this summer and can't wait to start back up! I also got a 3rd job. Yeah I know I am crazy. But I now teach gymnastics at High Point at the Sports Academy. That makes three coaching/teaching jobs. Fall semester might be super crazy! Katie finished her first year at Infinity. She improved so much this year and did amazing at all her competitions and review. I am super proud of all the hard work she has put into dancing. I am so sad she won't be dancing at Infinity anymore but am excited for her to start her new adventure as a High-Stepper. 
These are my new roommates! The end of the school year all my previous roommates moved on to different things and left me needing ALL new roommates! I was quite nervous to live with new girls. Besides Amanda, I had lived with Steph and Courtney for 2 years so I didn't know what it would be like with these girls! But I love them all and it has been a blast! Pathetic that we don't have a picture of all 5 of us.

Obviously things have changed. But that's life. My life, constantly changing. without it I wouldn't grow.



Summer has been a ton of fun so far and I am only half way through! July & August are going to be crazy and I can't wait! Hopefully I will post some stuff here and there, I'm trying to not be a slacker anymore :)

love, ash







Comments

  1. Hey Ash, It was fun to stop by & catch up on how your summer is going. Guess what? I had pink carpet in my childhood bedroom also! {Mine was shag!} I knew we were kindred spirits. Best of luck with the rest of your year. I loved the words of advice at the end of your post. There are some good lessons for me also!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may call me a creep, but I just found your blog somehow and love it. I had pink carpet too! ANd flowery walls. . . I was also really sad when it was all gone. Things really do change. And I have such a hard time coping with change! But it's definitely inevitable.

    I'm stoked to follow you and learn more about you!

    Amanda @ weandserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts