life, the spa, a book

part 1: life
"what would you do if you weren't afraid?"

I feel like it has been forever since I was on here, 
but life has been happening so blogging wasn't exactly a priority.
Exciting news, my blog has had over 700 views!
Although i'm pretty sure my parents have been at least 699 of those views haha!
Thank you for reading this everyone!
Here is a little recap on what has been going on the past couple of weeks:

After Christmas break I came back to Logan and played for a whole week with zero responsibilities.
Facials, photoshoots, bon fires, hot tubbing, swimming at Crystal Hot Springs.
Tough I know.

Then school started.
Last semester my earliest class was at 10:30. Now it is at 8:30. Big difference to a college student. Those 2 hours make the world of difference. I have to wake up at 7:00am now. 3 times a week.
Tough I know. ;)

I also teach 2 new tumbling classes. I teach with another girl and we have 
a great time laughing at the girls & their jokes.
Here is a picture of just a few of the cute girls I teach.
Love them.

part 2: the spa
"I believe in manicures.
I believe in overdressing.
I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick.
I believe in pink.
I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing.
I believe in kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I  believe happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe tomorrow is another day.
I believe in miracles."
-audrey hepburn

For Christmas I decided I would put what little creativeness
 I have into making homemade gifts for my roommates.
This is what i came up with:
which then turned into this:
and eventually this:
I made homemade body scrubs/masks!
I found the recipes on Pinterest, of course :)
AND it was super easy!
All you do is gather your 'ingredients' put them in a little jar, mix them up, put the lid on and you are done!
I took some scrap fabric that I used to make a skirt a long time ago and cut it into circles larger than my lid sizes and hot glued them to the top so they were kinda cutesy. Then I printed some labels & tied them on with a string. Cost: $0 because luckily my parents already had the stuff :)
To see lots of DIY body concoctions click here.
or click on:
The Miracle Mask & Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Mediterranean Foot Scrub
Citrus Salt Body Scrub

This is genius! I will never again buy a body scrub.

part 3: a book
"the love of a family is life's greatest blessing."
If you read my last post then you might remember the gift my sister's & I gave my parents for Christmas.
My family is slightly sentimental, and every once in a while we pull off a gift that reflects that.
Thanks to Amanda, we made our first, Brough Family Album. 
The book was made through My Publisher
It is a lot like Shutterfly but better quality! Which means it also is a tiny bit pricier, but well worth the money.
They are always having sales though so really it was quite a steal.
 Plus, it is very simple to use.
Our book was the Deluxe Hardcover photo finish. 
It's size is 11.5x15in.

We included pictures from a little of everything. 
My parents wedding, every family picture that was ever taken, some of our favorite vacations.
Each of us girls had a 2 page spread, and each grandkid had their own page.
Here is just a few of the pages that we made. 
I put them in a collage so this post wouldn't be 5 years long :)





After my parents read it, my mom said with tears in her eyes, and I quote,
 "This is the best gift ever".

Nailed it.

Comments

  1. Love this, and I love your style of writing. Would you mind linking this project up to SaMiE's first ever SURPRISE linky party? Here's the link http://samiedesigns.blogspot.com/p/samies-surprise-linky-parties.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks......hope to see ya next Saturday too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ash, This was so fun to catch up on how you are doing. I'm so impressed with the cool gifts you made your loved ones for Christmas. Great job! Thanks so much for linking it up to Fabulous Friday.

    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts